World of Outlaws Sprint Car Series return to Farley Speedway

Discuss dirt racing throughout Iowa.

World of Outlaws Sprint Car Series return to Farley Speedway

Postby racefan161827 » November 14th, 2017, 12:39 pm

SLS Promotions LLC
34 mins ·

The World of Outlaws Craftsman Sprint Car Series will return to Farley Speedway/Farley Speedway Promotions, Inc. next season on Friday, June 22, 2018. The event will mark the first visit for the Outlaws to Farley since 1994, when 20-time series champion Steve Kinser was victorious.

The World of Outlaws Craftsman Sprint Car Series have raced three times at Farley Speedway over the years, with Kinser scoring a pair of wins and 3-time series titlist Sammy Swindell also picking up a victory at the then-half-mile, which is now a 3/8-mile.

Ticket info soon at www.slspromotions.com.
racefan161827

Re: World of Outlaws Sprint Car Series return to Farley Spee

Postby Bugsy8625 » November 15th, 2017, 1:21 am

racefan161827 wrote:SLS Promotions LLC
34 mins ·

The World of Outlaws Craftsman Sprint Car Series will return to Farley Speedway/Farley Speedway Promotions, Inc. next season on Friday, June 22, 2018. The event will mark the first visit for the Outlaws to Farley since 1994, when 20-time series champion Steve Kinser was victorious.

The World of Outlaws Craftsman Sprint Car Series have raced three times at Farley Speedway over the years, with Kinser scoring a pair of wins and 3-time series titlist Sammy Swindell also picking up a victory at the then-half-mile, which is now a 3/8-mile.

Ticket info soon at http://www.slspromotions.com.

So another West Liberty special goes north to Farley. That's nice of them. :roll: :roll: :roll:
Chico Racer
Bugsy8625

Postby mjs6453 » November 15th, 2017, 7:26 am

Bugsy8625 wrote:
racefan161827 wrote:SLS Promotions LLC
34 mins ·

Ticket info soon at http://www.slspromotions.com.

So another West Liberty special goes north to Farley. That's nice of them. :roll: :roll: :roll:

What was the other one?
mjs6453

Postby DPORT » November 15th, 2017, 8:37 am

That's good news. What's going on with West Liberty next year? Are they still racing?
Jack Greene
Davenport, IA
DPORT

Postby allWIS1 » November 15th, 2017, 10:44 am

Would this be in place of their Hell tour race. Their Hell tour date is normally that Wednesday 6/20.
allWIS1

Postby Bugsy8625 » November 15th, 2017, 5:07 pm

mjs6453 wrote:What was the other one?

I didn't say there was another race!!!! My comment was a general observation that every big race goes north to Farley even when West Liberty has proven to be able to have these shows and make them work. And how much more is done for Farley then the other two tracks.

DPORT wrote:What's going on with West Liberty next year? Are they still racing?

I'm not sure. I've heard rumors but not going to get into the spreading of BS until something is officially announced. All's I do know for sure it that all FSP equipment (tow truck, water truck, grader, packer, and so on) is gone from the track and at Farley. SPI would always leave it at the track down here in the sheds. So one will have to draw their own conclusion as to whether or not that is of any significance or means anything at all. :o :o :o .
Chico Racer
Bugsy8625

Postby J20in1st » November 15th, 2017, 9:10 pm

Bugsy8625 wrote:
mjs6453 wrote:What was the other one?

I didn't say there was another race!!!! My comment was a general observation that every big race goes north to Farley even when West Liberty has proven to be able to have these shows and make them work. And how much more is done for Farley then the other two tracks.

DPORT wrote:What's going on with West Liberty next year? Are they still racing?

I'm not sure. I've heard rumors but not going to get into the spreading of BS until something is officially announced. All's I do know for sure it that all FSP equipment (tow truck, water truck, grader, packer, and so on) is gone from the track and at Farley. SPI would always leave it at the track down here in the sheds. So one will have to draw their own conclusion as to whether or not that is of any significance or means anything at all. :o :o :o .

They own Farley, of course they're going to put the money there first.

You fix your own house or a rental house first?

Also, with the equipment they own moving that track equipment for them isn't too hard.
J20in1st

Postby mjs6453 » November 15th, 2017, 10:05 pm

Bugsy8625 wrote:So another West Liberty special goes north to Farley.

Right there, you clearly said "another West Liberty special" which means it is more than just this one.
mjs6453

Postby TIGER » November 16th, 2017, 12:17 am

mjs6453 wrote:

Right there, you clearly said "another West Liberty special" which means it is more than just this one.

Also, I was at the WOO sprint car race at liberty. It was awful, there wasnt a pass all night.
TIGER

Postby Bugsy8625 » November 16th, 2017, 1:31 am

J20in1st wrote:They own Farley, of course they're going to put the money there first.

You fix your own house or a rental house first?

Also, with the equipment they own moving that track equipment for them isn't too hard.

Didn't say they didn't. But look back at everything that happened this year. One. They cancelled weekly races, at least one I can think of, for a Farley race that never happened that weekend. Secondly. No one involved with the new promoters was ever at West Liberty unless they were racing here that night. So you know who I'm talking about. Third. Myself and others reached out to them even as something simple as painting the wall at West Liberty even told them sponsors had stepped up with equipment to get it done. No return call or any communication of any sort and when approached at West Liberty. No one had time to talk about stuff like that at the track. Call and leave a message and we'll return the call was the answer. Then of course when that was done. No call back. A simple call back goes a long ways when people are reaching out to you and offering their help to make facilities better for all involved. Same thing can be said about organizing and trying to put on a car show down here. Once again. No call back. I got at least 20 or more drivers tgat could tell you I tried to see if they'd be interested in showing their cars off if we could make it happen. Was just waiting to hear back and get the ok from up north. As for the equipment. Never said it meant anything J20. What I said is SPI used to leave their equipment down here in the sheds. This year it was all gone the Monday after the Liberty 100. I know cause I was at work and had at least 5 messages that day. Asking what was going on at the track with semi's loading up equipment. By the time I got off work and checked. It was all gone. I never said it meant anything definitive. I said draw your own conclusions didn't I?????

mjs6453 wrote:

So I should of put "So a West Liberty special goes to North to Farley!!!!" Showing again that some only care about one track. Happy now????? :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

TIGER wrote:Also, I was at the WOO sprint car race at liberty. It was awful, there wasnt a pass all night.

Guess that's your opinion. But if you want the truth. Go to my facebook page as I was live for the WoO race and during and after so many people thanked me and commented that it was a great race and great action all the way around the track. It was wide and racey all night long. Funny thing is. People have been complaining about the same thing with Farley for how many years. But I guess if you say so.

There's the finishing order for West Liberty that night.

Feature (25 Laps) - 1. 2-Shane Stewart [1][$10,000]; 2. 49-Brad Sweet [4][$5,500]; 3. 41-Jason Johnson [2][$3,200]; 4. 9-Daryn Pittman [3][$2,800]; 5. 15-Donny Schatz [8][$2,500]; 6. 93-Sheldon Haudenschild [9][$2,300]; 7. 21-Brian Brown [11][$2,200]; 8. 19-Brent Marks [15][$2,100]; 9. 4-Paul McMahan [10][$2,050]; 10. 5-David Gravel [14][$2,000]; 11. 1M-Danny Lasoski [12][$1,500]; 12. 7S-Jason Sides [13][$1,200]; 13. 11K-Kraig Kinser [16][$1,100]; 14. 24-Terry McCarl [21][$1,050]; 15. W20-Greg Wilson [20][$1,000]; 16. 17-Jac Haudenschild [6][$900]; 17. 71A-R.J. Johnson [22][$800]; 18. 5J-Jeremy Schultz [17][$800]; 19. 15M-Bobby Mincer [24][$800]; 20. 9X-Paul Nienhiser [19][$800]; 21. 13-Clyde Knipp [23][$800]; 22. 1S-Logan Schuchart [18][$800]; 23. 18-Ian Madsen [5][$800]; 24. 6-Carson McCarl [7][$800]; Lap Leaders: Shane Stewart 1-25; KSE Hard Charger Award: 19-Brent Marks[+7]
Chico Racer
Bugsy8625

Next

Return to Iowa Dirt Racing